We are looking to add a Part-Time Race Timer to our staff this upcoming racing season.
A Race Timer is responsible for providing a best-class race experience for event directors and participants at events. The position is a part-time contractor position with working hours on Saturday and/or Sunday mornings. Hours per month vary based on events scheduled. Some travel maybe be required. 90% of events will be in Illinois within the metro-east area.
- Being knowledgeable in Timing Scoring Software - Chronotrack Live
- Being knowledgeable in Online Registration and Result platforms - Chronotrack, Athlinks & RunSignUp
- Prepare timing tags, bibs, kiosks and timing equipment for assigned events
- Setup and tear-down of timing equipment at event. This may include setup at the starting line, finish line and splits along the course
- Setup of finish line inflatable arch, tent(s), course signage, road cones and barricades
- Provide customer service to event organizers before and during event.
- Other race-related duties will be asked per event requirements
- High school diploma
- Ability to work well in a stressful work environment
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Proficient in Windows, Office networking; a strong IT skills preferred
- Racing (running/multisport/cycling) experience strongly preferred
- Experience in race timing and event management preferred
-Must be available to work weekends (Saturday & Sunday; 5am – 1pm).
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to travel to events within a 3 hour radius of St. Louis