Final Lap Racing is looking to hire Part-Time Race Timers to join our staff this upcoming racing season.
The Race Timer position is responsible for providing a best-class race experience for event directors and participants at events. The position is a part-time contractor position with working hours on Saturday and some Sunday mornings. Hours per month vary based on events scheduled. Some travel maybe be required. Most events will be within the St. Louis Metro-East area.
- Being knowledgeable in Timing Scoring Software - Chronotrack Live, RaceDay Scoring
- Being knowledgeable in Online Registration and Race Result platforms - Chronotrack, Athlinks & RunSignUp
- Prepare kiosks and timing equipment for assigned events
- Setup and tear-down of timing equipment at event. This may include setup at the starting line, finish line and timing splits along the course
- Setup of finish line inflatable arch, tent(s), course signage and road cones
- Provide customer service to event organizers before and during event.
- Other race-related duties will be asked per event requirements
- High school diploma
- Ability to work well in a stressful work environment and troubleshoot technical issues
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Proficient in Windows, MS Office, and networking; a IT skillset preferred
- Racing (running/multisport/cycling) experience preferred
- Experience in race timing, event planning, project management preferred
-Must be available to work most weekends (Saturday & Sunday; 5am – 1pm).
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to travel to events within a 1 hour radius of Collinsville, IL